Chakra Dancing & Cacao Ceremony
This Workshop is ONSITE
Where Dancing meets Cacao. In the Mayan traditions cacao was used in many different ways, one of them was special occasions and celebrations. They would drink a cacao made out of a special type of a bean that has energy that works well with movements. They also used the cacao for emotional release, deep healing and letting go of past traumas. During these ceremonies they dance in a particular way to allow the cacao plant medicine to move through the body and help physically shake off these undigested emotions.
In this special collaboration with Ciara Holland and Nikki Solyom, we will use this method and infuse it with chakra dancing which is also a great emotional release and energy cleansing method. In Chakra Dancing we are guided to tune inwards to connect to our 7 main chakras, the music which is different for each chakra will inspire your movements, there is no specific way to dance, only your way. This type of a dance will leave you feeling refreshed, renewed and balanced in your energy.
Stimulating the natural flow of energy, or chi through the chakras the dance leads to a mental and physical well-being workout for everyone from the inside out.
During this 2.5hrs you will learn about the Aztec traditions around the cacao and the meaning of the movement we will use. It will be an informative but fun event where you can experience new ways of relaxing and renewing your body as well as creating a deeper connection to yourself by the freestyle dancing.
The workshop will offer time for reflection, rest and a guided meditation.
This course suits people of all ages and fitness levels. Please wear comfortable clothing you can move in, trainers or bare foot, bring a water bottle and a journal if you desire.
Why drink the cacao?
Because of – Theobromine that brings blood to the brain and it is a natural stimulant that perks up the whole system without the jittery effects of coffee. It is also good for the heart too as it can help to lower blood pressure.
High levels of Vitamin E, K1, Thiamine and Niacin help with your general wellbeing. Cacao is one of the foods high in Tryptophan, an essential amino acid that the body uses to produce melatonin and serotonin. Melatonin helps regulate the sleep – awake cycle, while serotonin is responsible for our mood and appetite
Day & Date: Saturday, 3rd December 2022
Time: 10.30pm to 1pm
About The Facilitator
- Nikki is a qualified fitness instructor, personal trainer, Neuro Muscular therapist, yoga and Pilates instructor since 2010
- Nikki also completed the dietitian course in 2011 in DCU via the National training Collage.
- Nikki has been actively teaching various classes in the past 10 years in various locations around Dublin.
- Nikki deepened her Yoga and Meditation skills in the past 5 years by completing Kundalini Yoga and Mantra meditation teacher courses in Samadhi Yoga School.
About The Facilitator
Ciara is passionate about all things well-being and how they nurture, sustain and bring us together, I believe when we approach things with balance and a sense of curiosity and compassion, we can give ourselves time and space to connect deeply to our hearts and souls.
Dip in Chakra Dance, Dip in Life Coaching, Bachelor of Arts in Humanities
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on email@example.com or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details, etc. are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact email@example.com. We are happy to help.
- Remember we have the An Cuan Programme to support you in case you are in a situation where you cannot afford a course or workshop. With trust you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
+353 (0)1 670 5419