Reading and Living Eckhart Tolle’s THE POWER OF NOW
This event is Onsite
This 8-week course allows us to deeply immerse ourselves into the work of Eckhart Tolle in a group setting.
On each evening, we are reading short excerpts from Eckhart Tolle’s highly influential book ‘The Power of Now’. After the reading follows time for reflection, a (guided) meditation and group discussion on our experience. Your facilitator has been an avid follower of Eckhart Tolle for many years and has completed the ‘Teacher of Presence’ course with the Eckhart Tolle foundation recently. She holds a PhD from UCD in philosophy and has been facilitating mindful yoga courses and workshops at the Sanctuary since 2008.
No experience necessary, complete beginners to and mindfulness are welcome.
Session 1 is FREE – Come and experience the first session
Week 1 and 2 Chapter 1: ‘You are not your mind’.
Distinguishing the conditioned conceptual mind from the timeless ‘Deeper Self’.
Introduction to Eckhart Tolle’s work and to ‘The Power of Now’.
Reading the Introduction: ‘The Truth that is within You’. We reflect on the question: What constitutes the work of the spiritual seeker?
Week 3 and 4 continuing Chapter 1.
Freeing ourselves from our minds. Rising Above Thought (as opposed to ‘falling beneath thought’)
The problem of addiction to thinking and to other problematic behaviors.
Week 5 and 6 continuing Chapter 1.
Emotion: ‘The Body’s Reaction to Your Thought’.
We work on a closer examination of the emotional dimension, as explained by Eckhart Tolle and as experienced by ourselves.
Week 7 and 8 Starting Chapter 2:
Consciousness. Examining Tolle’s understanding of consciousness, and how his understanding may help us firstly to recognize our own pain body, and secondly to step out of conditioned, habitual pain and suffering.
Day & Date: Wednesdays, starting from the 10th January, 2024 for 8 Wednesdays
Time: 7.45pm to 9.00pm
About The Facilitator
- Andrea has been self-employed as yoga and meditation teacher, using a variety of yogic approaches and meditative techniques. She regularly leads classes and workshops of 10 to 20 participants, with a diverse range of clients. She has also organised yoga courses, classes and workshops in schools, companies and private groups. She has been a teacher at the Sanctuary since 2010.
Besides her training in different yogic lineages and meditative practices, she holds a doctoral degree in (Western) Philosophy.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add email@example.com to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details, etc. are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
- Remember we have the An Cuan Programme to support you in case you are in a situation where you cannot afford a course or workshop. With trust you can email email@example.com
+353 (0)1 670 5419