Restorative Yoga with Sophia
This workshop is ONLINE
Workshop Description: Restorative yoga is a practice aimed at cultivating deep relaxation in both body and mind. In these classes props such as blankets and cushions are used to support the body so that postures are held without any effort for several minutes. Breath and body awareness assist us in quieting the mind, soothing the nervous system and cultivating a sense of relaxed presence.
The practice includes supported restorative poses, gentle breathing, very slow movements, and calming meditations.
These classes are open to everybody and will leave you feeling profoundly nourished and relaxed.
Day & Date: Tuesday, 21st March
Duration: 8 weeks
About The Facilitator
- Sophia is an experienced yoga and meditation teacher. Having practiced meditation since the late 1990s and yoga since the mid 2000s, she qualified as a yoga teacher in 2010 and has been teaching ever since.
- She teaches Restorative yoga, Mindful Movement and Meditation, and Hatha yoga.
- Her teaching style places great emphasis on integrating mindfulness and self-compassion within the practice. Cultivating presence, awareness and kindness are paramount in both her practice and teaching. Over the years she has developed great deal of experience teaching restorative and mindful movement and meditation, bringing these practices to hundreds of students in an easy and direct way.
- She has attended many meditation and yoga retreats in Ireland and abroad, and has completed trainings and intensives with Donna Farhi, Michael Stone, Bo Forbes, James Higgins and Josh Summers.
- Sophia is also a yoga teacher trainer and leads a foundation yoga teacher training programme, as well as offering advanced teacher training in Restorative yoga.
- She holds a PhD in Sociology, and her research is an investigation of the experience of yoga in Ireland from a sociological and cultural perspective.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add email@example.com to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details, etc. are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
+353 (0)1 670 5419