Hatha Yoga May 2023 Course, with Riana Walsh
This course is ONSITE
Course Description: In this yoga class, our focus is on mind-body awareness, using our physical yoga practice as a vehicle to cultivate mindfulness. Participants are introduced to body scan and breath awareness practices, meditation, yoga postures (asana) and sequences connecting breath, body and mind in the present moment. All these practices guide us towards our own innate resources where we can access a sense of ease and spaciousness as we engage with everyday life, it’s challenges and flow. This mindful Hatha yoga class uniquely integrates deep spiritual teachings and principles of alignment to support an uplifting, easefully dynamic and expressive yoga practice aligning breath, body, mind and heart. Restorative practices and relaxation are integral.
Everybody is welcome, with or without prior experience of yoga and meditation; and posture modifications are offered to facilitate and adapt to individual needs. However, if you suffer from a specific injury or are managing a condition it is your responsibility to consider, whether, or not this practice is right for you. If you are in any doubt about your suitability to do yoga, please contact your doctor and ask for advice.
Duration: 8-week course
Day & Date: Fridays from 12th May 2023 for 8 weeks
Time: 10.00am -11.15am
About The Facilitator
- Riana teaches Mindful Yoga, Mindful Movement for Meditation and Yoga Nidra at the Sanctuary.
- Riana completed her initial yoga training with the Irish Yoga Association in 2002 and has continued her yoga practice and studies ever since with Yoga Therapy Ireland, Viniyoga, ITEC Anatomy & Physiology, Yin Yoga with Josh Summers, iRest® Yoga Nidra with the Integrative Rest Institute; and most recently has been enjoying the practice of Kum Nye Tibetan Yoga with Matt Padwick, Dzogchen Beara.
- Riana acquired her Anusara® Inspired Certification in 2019, a branch of Hatha yoga that uniquely integrates deep spiritual teachings and precise principles of alignment into the practice.
- Riana is currently studying with the Mindfulness Association and loves exploring the cross-overs of all traditions.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add email@example.com to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details, etc. are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
+353 (0)1 670 5419