Planting the seeds of Self Care:
An Introductory Course with Orla Burchael
This workshop is ONSITE
‘As we begin a new year, rather than making new year resolutions, perhaps we could pause and ask ourselves two important questions. How am I and what do I need? This is an opportunity to nurture ourselves and to cultivate our wellness. We will nourish our roots by learning mindfulness and self compassion practices to grow our resilience in the face of storms but also to notice the good and wholesome within our lives.”
Day & Date: 13th January, Friday
Time: 10am -11.30am
About The Facilitator
Orla trained as a clinical psychologist and drama-therapist and also as a community creative dance teacher. Somatic studies and authentic movement has been another area of exploration. Currently she works as are habitation and wellness facilitator in the area of mental health.
Meditation and mindfulness have been important to Orla as far back as she can remember. However it was 30 years ago as a psychology student that she began to meditate more formally. For many years she wished to integrate her practice into her work. Fortunately in the last few decades as science and mindfulness have come into a beautiful and fruitful dialogue, this became possible.
This development brought Orla to train as an MBSR and MBCT teacher with the German Institute for Mindfulness based Approaches. She also completed her training as a mindfulness – based compassionate living (MBCL) teacher with the same institute.
Further training includes the practicum in mindfulness- based stress reduction with Saki Santorelli and Florence Meleo Meyer from the University of Massachusetts Medical School. She has completed a foundational teacher training in Mindful Eating / Conscious Living with Jan Chozen Bays and is a mindful self compassion teacher having trained with Christopher Germer and Kristen Neff. She also has an interest in neuroscience and has attended professional training in Positive neuroplasticity with Rick Hanson. She is currently a teacher in training with Tai Chi Your Way ( Irish Tai Chi Chuan Association ) and trained as a taoist meditation teacher and as a quantum coherence therapist with the same association. Orla attends regular retreats in Dzogchenbeara and has a particular interest in compassion and loving kindness practices and has attended a number of retreats with Sharon Salzberg. All of these experiences have enhanced Orla’s working and personal life and renewed her desire to share the many benefits of a mindful and compassionate approach to living.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on email@example.com or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details, etc. are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact email@example.com. We are happy to help.
- Remember we have the An Cuan Programme to support you in case you are in a situation where you cannot afford a course or workshop. With trust you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation available 5 days prior to the event with full refund and credit will be applied for any cancellation requested 48hrs prior to the course or workshop.
- In the event of cancellation from the side of the sanctuary due to unforeseen circumstances such as illness etc. refund or credit can be applied.
+353 (0)1 670 5419