Love Yourself Mindful Yoga and Meditation Workshop
This workshop is Onsite
While it is generally easier to express love towards other people, it can be a bit more difficult to show love and acceptance towards ourselves.
In this workshop, we will make time to cultivate the healthy and healing self-attention we all need.
We will begin by connecting to our body and opening those areas of the body where emotions often get “stuck”. Cultivating awareness of the breath and a kind meditative attention to our body will guide us to noticing how we really feel.
A slow mindful asana flow will provide the opportunity to linger quietly and savour the simple sweetness and deep relaxation within each pose. We will practice some restorative and well-supported poses to soothe the nervous system and rejuvenate the body. We will continue with a guided meditation focusing on self-compassion and love to quiet the mind and nourish the heart.
You will leave feeling emotionally and physically stronger, and deeply relaxed.
This workshop is open to everyone and does not require any prior experience. All you need are some blankets and cushions, and warm comfortable clothes.
All levels are welcome
Day & Date: Saturday, 11th February
About The Facilitator
- Sophia is an experienced yoga and meditation teacher. Having practiced meditation since the late 1990s and yoga since the mid 2000s, she qualified as a yoga teacher in 2010 and has been teaching ever since.
- She teaches Restorative yoga, Mindful Movement and Meditation, and Hatha yoga.
- Her teaching style places great emphasis on integrating mindfulness and self-compassion within the practice. Cultivating presence, awareness and kindness are paramount in both her practice and teaching. Over the years she has developed great deal of experience teaching restorative and mindful movement and meditation, bringing these practices to hundreds of students in an easy and direct way.
- She has attended many meditation and yoga retreats in Ireland and abroad, and has completed trainings and intensives with Donna Farhi, Michael Stone, Bo Forbes, James Higgins and Josh Summers.
- Sophia is also a yoga teacher trainer and leads a foundation yoga teacher training programme, as well as offering advanced teacher training in Restorative yoga.
- She holds a PhD in Sociology, and her research is an investigation of the experience of yoga in Ireland from a sociological and cultural perspective.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on email@example.com or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details etc are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact email@example.com. We are happy to help.
+353 (0)1 670 5419