Train to Teach the Warrior Programme
This course is ONSITE
The Sanctuary is now offering a training course for those who work with young people to enable them to deliver our Mindful Warrior Programme in their own school or centre.
What is the Mindful Warrior?
The Warrior Programme is a teacher trainer programme that draws on the various traditions of culture and the arts, helping young people to end up as gentle warriors. It is built around an initiation framework linked to adolescent psychological development that includes:
- Mindfulness and movement practices
- Insights from psychology of adolescent development
- Ways to experience moments of reflective stillness
- Traditional wisdom embodied in the ‘gentle warrior’ figure
- Use of creative imagination
What are the benefits?
Inclusion of the Mindful Warrior Programme in the classroom helps to transform young people’s behaviour and helps them to develop self-awareness and the resilience needed to deal with challenges and disappointments in life.
Who is the Mindful Warrior Programme for?
It best serves the needs of a cohort of young people who require an alternative, experiential-led approach to their development and is particularly suited to young people from 6th class to 2nd year, who are finding the journey to maturity and social integration challenging.
Will I get resources I can use in the classroom?
Yes, you will be supplied with handouts and lesson plans, we also offer follow up reconnection days so that we can help you continue your practise.
Are there prerequisites to join this course?
Applicants to the facilitator training course should have undertaken some prior mindfulness training and have established a regular mindfulness practice.
Prerequisites to the course include:
Ideally, applicants should have completed an 8-week mindfulness course such as MBSR / MBCT / MBLC / MBCL / Breathworks / .b Foundations or the Art of Stillness in the Classroom, with at least 6 months of a minimum of 20 minutes of mindfulness practice per day (such as sitting or body scan practices).Exceptions to the qualification prerequisites outlined above may be made for applicants who have a long-standing mindfulness practice in other contexts (eg. Vipassana / Shamatha / Insight Meditation or WCCM / Centering Prayer).
Duration: 5 Full days
Day & Date: Monday 3rd July – Friday 7th July 2023
Time: 9am – 5pm
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add email@example.com to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details, etc. are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
- Remember we have the An Cuan Programme to support you in case you are in a situation where you cannot afford a course or workshop. With trust you can email email@example.com
Cancellation available 5 days prior to the event with full refund and credit will be applied for any cancellation requested 48hrs prior to the course or workshop.
- In the event of cancellation from the side of the sanctuary due to unforeseen circumstances such as illness etc. refund or credit can be applied.
+353 (0)1 670 5419