Mindful Hatha Yoga January Course, with Riana Walsh
This course is Onsite
In this yoga class, our focus is on mind-body awareness, using our physical yoga practice as a vehicle to cultivate mindfulness. Participants are introduced to body scan and breath awareness practices, meditation, yoga postures (asana) and sequences connecting breath, body, mind in the present moment. All these practices guide us towards our own innate resources where we can access a sense of ease and spaciousness as we engage with everyday life, it’s challenges and flow. This mindful Hatha yoga class uniquely integrates deep spiritual teachings and principles of alignment to support an uplifting, easefully dynamic and expressive yoga practice aligning breath, body, mind, and heart. Restorative practices and relaxation are integral.
Everybody is welcome, with or without prior experience of yoga and meditation, and posture modifications are offered to facilitate and adapt to individual needs. However, if you suffer from a specific injury or are managing a condition it is your responsibility to consider, whether, or not this practice is right for you. If you are in any doubt about your suitability to do yoga, please contact your doctor and ask for advice.
Day & Date: Fridays from 6th January 2023
Duration: 8 weeks
Time: 10.00am -11.15am
About The Facilitator
- Riana commenced her initial three-year classical yoga teacher training in 1999 with the Irish Yoga Association (IYA).
- She then continued Post Grad Diploma studies with the IYA, Yoga Therapy Ireland, and an introductory course to the viniyoga of Yoga with the Centre for Yoga Studies.
- She has also completed the ITEC Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology.
- More recent studies include a Yin Foundations Module with Josh Summers and the Level 1 iRest® Yoga Nidra Training with James Reeves of the Integrative Rest Institute.
- Further studies led her to the one-year Training in Mindfulness, followed by a Compassion Based Living Course and completing the Certificate of readiness to teach the Mindfulness Based Living Course (MBLC) with the Mindfulness Association.
- In 2019 she fulfilled the requirements of Anusara® Inspired Yoga Teacher, a branch of Hatha yoga that uniquely integrates deep spiritual teachings and principles of alignment to support an uplifting, dynamic and expressive yoga practice aligning body, heart and mind.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on email@example.com or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details etc are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact email@example.com. We are happy to help.
- Remember we have the An Cuan Programme to support you in case you are in a situation where you cannot afford a course or workshop. With trust you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation available 5 days prior to the event with full refund and credit will be applied for any cancellation requested 48hrs prior to the course or workshop.
- In the event of cancellation from the side of the sanctuary due to unforeseen circumstances such as illness etc. refund or credit can be applied.
+353 (0)1 670 5419