Restorative iRest Yoga Nidra
with Riana Walsh
This course is ONLINE
This course integrates both gentle movement and the deep rest of iRest® Yoga Nidra. No previous experience of yoga or meditation is required.
We begin each class with a short, seated sequence of easeful movement and breathing practices, simple and beautifully supportive in guiding you towards stillness of mind and body.
We then settle into the restful experience of iRest yoga nidra, lying comfortably in relaxation pose (savasana), establishing an intention (sankalpa), and then slowly transitioning awareness from the tangible physical body to the subtle body. Using images and visualisations, this body-centered guided meditation practice enables you enter a deep state of relaxation, lingering in the space between sleep and wakefulness as you transition gently and systematically through different levels and layers of experience (koshas). As practice ends, returning to your intention and integrating your experience before transitioning back to wakefulness with some gentle movement.
This course is suitable for beginners, and anyone looking for some relaxation in this busy modern life.
Duration: 8-week course
Day & Date: 19th January, Thursday evenings via Zoom
Time: 7.00pm – 8.15pm
About The Facilitator
- Riana teaches Mindful Yoga, Mindful Movement for Meditation and Yoga Nidra at the Sanctuary.
- Riana completed her initial yoga training with the Irish Yoga Association in 2002 and has continued her yoga practice and studies ever since with Yoga Therapy Ireland, Viniyoga, ITEC Anatomy & Physiology, Yin Yoga with Josh Summers, iRest® Yoga Nidra with the Integrative Rest Institute; and most recently has been enjoying the practice of Kum Nye Tibetan Yoga with Matt Padwick, Dzogchen Beara.
- Riana acquired her Anusara® Inspired Certification in 2019, a branch of Hatha yoga that uniquely integrates deep spiritual teachings and precise principles of alignment into the practice.
- Riana is currently studying with the Mindfulness Association and loves exploring the cross-overs of all traditions.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add email@example.com to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details, etc. are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
- Remember we have the An Cuan Programme to support you in case you are in a situation where you cannot afford a course or workshop. With trust you can email email@example.com
Cancellation available 5 days prior to the event with full refund and credit will be applied for any cancellation requested 48hrs prior to the course or workshop.
- In the event of cancellation from the side of the sanctuary due to unforeseen circumstances such as illness etc. refund or credit can be applied.
+353 (0)1 670 5419