Mindfulness and Recovery
This course is Onsite
Join us for a recovery focused retreat in the healing space of the Sanctuary. Wherever you are in
your recovery journey, you are very welcome. Recovering from what? From any – and everything.
We live in an increasingly complex and challenging world. It is not surprising that we develop many
unhealthy dependencies which can so often come with an overwhelming sense of powerlessness.
You may be recovering from alcoholism, drug addiction, unhealthy relationships, compulsive habits,
anxiety and stress, work habits, disordered eating. You may be curious about recovery or supporting
a friend or family member on their recovery journey. You may be many years in recovery or just
beginning your journey. The space will be inclusive and suitable for everyone.
The day will be spent in gentle compassion-based mindfulness practices. There will be space for
personal reflection, as well as sharing in community. There will be time to walk in the beautiful
Sanctuary gardens. There will be opportunity to rest and reflect on what recovery might look like in
your life and how you might get there.
“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to
survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you
come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm is all
about”. Haruki Murakami
Day & Date: April 29th, Saturday
Time: 10am – 4pm
About The Facilitator
- Joan Flannelly is the founding teacher of Heart Space, a meditation centre based in the West of Ireland. She is a tutor on The Sanctuary’s Teacher Training programme and also teaches on The Sanctuary’s Level 2 – Responding with Compassion, the Art of Compassion and the Caring for the Caregivers programme. She has been inspired to teach through the incredible changes she experienced in her own life through the practice of mindfulness.
About The Facilitator
- Mary O`Grady is a Meditation Teacher and Facilitator with The Sanctuary. She holds a BA in Theology and Philosophy from All Hallows College (now DCU), in Dublin, Ireland. Among other adventures, her path include two years at Leuven University, Belgium on the Canon Law MA programme; Life Coach certification with the Positive Success Group in Ireland; and Facilitator Trauma training in both Belfast, Ireland and Toronto, Canada. .
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on email@example.com or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details etc are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact email@example.com. We are happy to help.
+353 (0)1 670 5419