Mindfulness and Recovery Course
This course is Online
Recovering from what? From any – and everything.
We live in an increasingly complex and challenging world. It is not surprising that many of us develop unhealthy dependencies which can so often come with an overwhelming sense of powerlessness.
You may be recovering from alcoholism, drug addiction, unhealthy relationships, compulsive habits, anxiety and stress, work habits, disordered eating. You may be curious about recovery or supporting a friend or family member on their recovery journey. You may be many years in recovery or just beginning your journey. The space will be inclusive and suitable for everyone.
During this 6-week course, we will combine recovery principles with mindfulness practices – allowing recovery to grow and thrive. Our weekly themes are :
Week 1: What is recovery? Mindfulness & Recovery – exploring personal recovery.
Week 2: Mind/Body Connection – embodied recovery & mindfulness.
Week 3: Habits & Neuroscience – urge surfing.
Week 4: Compassion – moving from an inner critic to an inner cheerleader.
Week 5: Acceptance.
Week 6: Gratitude.
“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm is all about”. Haruki Murakami
Day & Date:
Tuesday evenings, 2nd May for 6 weeks
Time: 7pm to 9pm (ONLINE)
Full Day Saturday 3rd June 10am to 2pm (ONLINE)
About The Facilitator
- Joan Flannelly is the founding teacher of Heart Space, a meditation centre based in the West of Ireland. She is a tutor on The Sanctuary’s Teacher Training programme and also teaches on The Sanctuary’s Level 2 – Responding with Compassion, the Art of Compassion and the Caring for the Caregivers programme. She has been inspired to teach through the incredible changes she experienced in her own life through the practice of mindfulness.
About The Facilitator
- Billy Clarke is a peer educator with the Mayo Recovery College and a facilitator with Mental Health Ireland. His background is in social care, and he has a particular interest in recovery through creativity. He has worked extensively with community groups fostering recovery through music and poetry.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on email@example.com or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details etc are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact email@example.com. We are happy to help.
+353 (0)1 670 5419