Loving Kindness One Day Retreat
This course is ONSITE
“I am larger, better than I thought; I did not know I held so much goodness”. Walt Whitman
In this very special one day retreat, we will spend the day practising Loving Kindness – truly a radical act of love. The practice of Metta or Loving Kindness is an ancient Heart Meditation that focuses on giving and receiving love, an act of deep healing of ourselves and others.
We live in an increasingly divided world where we are pulled into constant polarization – making all those who disagree with us ‘other’. This beautiful practice reverses this process and allows us to see that on a basic human level, we are all the same. All beings wish to be happy and live with peace and ease in their lives. In this day of Metta, we will extend our well wishing far and wide – to people close to our hearts and to our fellow beings across the globe. As we open our heart to the world, we find that we benefit enormously as we feel more connected to ourselves and each other and this beautiful planet we share. We connect with and fire up the essential goodness that is in all of us.
May we be happy
May we be healthy
May we ride the waves of our lives
May we live in peace
No matter what we are given
Day & Date: Saturday 20th May
Time: 10am – 4pm
About The Facilitator
- Joan Flannelly is the founding teacher of Heart Space, a meditation centre based in the West of Ireland. She is a tutor on The Sanctuary’s Teacher Training programme and also teaches on The Sanctuary’s Level 2 – Responding with Compassion, the Art of Compassion and the Caring for the Caregivers programme. She has been inspired to teach through the incredible changes she experienced in her own life through the practice of mindfulness.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on email@example.com or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details etc are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact email@example.com. We are happy to help.
+353 (0)1 670 5419