Mindfulness and Music
This workshop is ONSITE
Formal mindfulness practice usually involves cultivating stillness in body and mind through silence. Playing music might seem to be in opposition to that. But the beauty of music, is often enhanced through the pauses between the notes. Mindfulness itself can be cultivated through listening to or the playing of soulful songs or instrumental pieces. There is the place the music takes us to as we engage with it, and also the deep stillness that we often arrive at when it is all over. In addition, the lyrics of some songs may contain important messages that help us to live more mindfully.
This half-day workshop will be an opportunity to explore how music, both in its instrumental and sung form, can drop us into that attentive calm that mindfulness practice often promotes. The workshop will be a mix of listening to music, some discussion and also some short mindfulness meditations. While some familiarity with mindfulness is recommended, knowledge of music theory is not at all required.
Day & Date: Saturday 12th August
Time: 10am – 1.00pm
About The Facilitator
- With a broad background in education, Dominic has a particular interest in the link between spirituality and contemplative practice and holds qualifications in Interspiritual Mindfulness Facilitation and Soul Empowerment Coaching among others.
- Previously, he has developed and taught courses for The Sanctuary, such as Meditation within the Wisdom Traditions, Hidden Treasure: Uncovering the Christian Mystical Experience, Soul Stories, Growing Old Gracefully and Recovering from, while Reclaiming what is Good in the Christian Tradition, all of which have acknowledged the importance of the spiritual dimension to a life well lived.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add email@example.com to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details etc are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
+353 (0)1 670 5419