Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, with Claire Hodgins
This course is ONLINE
Course Description: On this MBSR course you will learn to notice your thought patterns and any automatic unhelpful reactions. You will learn how to hold and relate to thoughts and emotions less judgmentally and more compassionately.
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) was developed by Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn at the Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
The course gives a practical and experiential introduction to a range of mindfulness practices. It aims to assist you in relaxing, taking better care of yourself and in getting more out of living. Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction MBSR training enables participants to see things differently. It can help you release mental and physical tension and increase your confidence and resilience.
Previous participants have noted a reduction in stress and an increased capacity to manage life’s challenges.
Once you have signed up, you will receive a pre-course questionnaire. We ask that you complete this questionnaire as soon as you can and email it to your facilitator prior to your course.
“Even before smart phones and the Internet, we had many ways to distract ourselves. Now that’s compounded by a factor of trillions…”– JON KABAT-ZINN
**The Sanctuary has a “turn no one away” policy for financial reasons. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance from our AnCuan fund or to discuss flexible payment options.
Duration: 8-week course
Day & Date: Monday evenings, from 19th September – 14th November 2022
Day of Practice, Saturday, 5th November 2022, 10am-4pm, Both Online & onsite
About The Facilitator
- Claire has been teaching Mindfulness practices for over 5 years now, having training with Mindful Academy International. She holds an Advanced Certificate to teach the 8-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course and has seen first hand the benefits of living a mindful life.
- Claire’s approach to delivering Mindfulness courses is based on years of experience in communication and teaching, encouraging participants to weave these practices into our everyday lives to make it work uniquely for them.
- Claire also has an MA in Radio and Television Production and a Certificate in English Language teaching and a keen interest in music, singing and hiking.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on email@example.com or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details, etc. are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact email@example.com. We are happy to help.
+353 (0)1 670 5419