Yoga and Trauma with Andrea Boudin
This workshop is Onsite
YOGA AND TRAUMA
This half-day workshop is not a platform to work directly on individual trauma of the present participants. It rather aims to introduce some concepts, techniques and helpful information on how a mindful yoga practice may help to recover from traumatic experiences. We will primarily practice calming, grounding and balancing techniques, especially working with the Root Chakra. We will also explore how some commonly practiced techniques might be unhelpful for individuals who are recovering from severe, long-lasting effects of past trauma.
Inspiration for this workshop is drawn from:
Dagmar Härle’s book ‘Trauma-Sensitive Yoga’
The concept of Samskara, as understood in yogic philosophy as the results of karmic imprints, cultural and relational circumstances, inherited and accumulated imbalances.
The meaning and function of MULADHARA CHAKRA, aka the root chakra.
Day & Date: Saturday, 13th May 2023
Time: 10.00am -1.00pm
About The Facilitator
- Andrea has been self-employed as yoga and meditation teacher, using a variety of yogic approaches and meditative techniques.
- Andrea regularly leads classes and workshops of 10 to 20 participants, with a diverse range of clients.
- Andrea has also organised yoga courses, classes and workshops in schools, companies and private groups.
- Andrea has been a teacher at the Sanctuary since 2010.
- Besides her training in different yogic lineages and meditative practices, she holds a doctoral degree in (Western) Philosophy.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add email@example.com to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details etc are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
+353 (0)1 670 5419