The Universal Christ: A Book Reading
This event is ONSITE
Event Description: This event is a practice group and book reading for The Universal Christ: How a Forgotten Reality Can Change Everything We See, Hope For, and Believe, Fr. Richard Rohr’s most important book to date. Participants will be asked to read the book together and meet weekly for reflection and meditation practice. Book is included
About the Book:
Many of us feel disconnected by difficult times, longing for ways to awaken God’s love in ourselves and the world. The reality we face is simple yet difficult—the healing of the world hinges upon honoring the inherent sacredness of the world and every one in it.
From one of the world’s most influential spiritual thinkers, a long-awaited book exploring what it means that Jesus was called “Christ” and how this forgotten truth can transform everything we see, hope for, and believe.
Most know who Jesus was, but who was Christ? Is the word simply Jesus’ last name? Too often, Rohr writes, “our understandings have been limited by culture, religious squabbling, and the human tendency to put ourselves at the center”.
Drawing on scripture, history, and spiritual practice, Rohr articulates a transformative view of Jesus Christ as a portrait of God’s constant, unfolding work in the world. “God loves things by becoming them”, he writes, “and Jesus’ life was meant to declare that humanity has never been separate from God” except by its own negative choice. When we recover this fundamental truth, faith becomes less about proving Jesus was God and more about learning to recognize the Creator’s presence all around us and in everyone we meet.
Day & Date: Monday evenings from 17th October – 12th December 2022
Time: 7pm – 8.30pm
About The Facilitators
- Patrick Boland is a member of the CAC community who consults directly with Richard Rohr on a number of projects, including the study guides to The Universal Christ (Everything Is Sacred) and the Falling Upward online courses.
- Patrick is a psychotherapist and an executive coach, with an emphasis on team dynamics and integrated spirituality.
- Mary is a Meditation Teacher and Facilitator with The Sanctuary.
- She holds a BA in Theology and Philosophy from DCU, (formerly All Hallows College), in Dublin, Ireland.
- Among other adventures, her background study includes time at Leuven University, Belgium on the Canon Law MA programme; Life coaching certification with the Positive Success Group in Ireland; and facilitator Trauma training in both Belfast, Ireland and Toronto, Canada.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add email@example.com to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details, etc. are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
+353 (0)1 670 5419