The Universal Christ: A Book Reading
This event is ONLINE
Event Description: This course is a practice group and book reading for The Universal Christ: How a Forgotten Reality Can Change Everything We See, Hope For, and Believe, Fr. Richard Rohr’s most important book to date. Participants will be asked to read the book together and meet weekly for reflection and meditation practice.
Book is not included but can be purchased online or in many bookstores. It is essential for this course.
About the Book:
Many of us feel disconnected by difficult times, longing for ways to awaken God’s love in ourselves and the world. The reality we face is simple yet difficult—the healing of the world hinges upon honouring the inherent sacredness of the world and everyone in it.
From one of the world’s most influential spiritual thinkers, a long-awaited book exploring what it means that Jesus was called “Christ” and how this forgotten truth can transform everything we see, hope for, and believe.
Most know who Jesus was, but who was Christ? Is the word simply Jesus’ last name? Too often, Rohr writes, “our understandings have been limited by culture, religious squabbling, and the human tendency to put ourselves at the centre”.
Drawing on scripture, history, and spiritual practice, Rohr articulates a transformative view of Jesus Christ as a portrait of God’s constant, unfolding work in the world. “God loves things by becoming them”, he writes, “and Jesus’ life was meant to declare that humanity has never been separate from God” except by its own negative choice. When we recover this fundamental truth, faith becomes less about proving Jesus was God and more about learning to recognize the Creator’s presence all around us and in everyone we meet.
Day & Date: Thursday evenings from 7th December
(There will be a pause over the holiday period from December 20th, 27th and January 4th 2024. No meeting on those days)
Sessions will resume Thursday 11th January 2024 at usual time.
Duration: 7 weeks
Time: 7:30pm – 9.00pm ONLINE
About The Facilitators
- Mary is a Meditation Teacher and Facilitator with The Sanctuary.
- Mary is enrolled in the Masters in Pastoral Work and Chaplaincy at DCU currently, as well as an active facilitator and Meditation Teacher onsite at The Sanctuary.
- She holds a BA in Theology and Philosophy from DCU, (formerly All Hallows College), in Dublin, Ireland.
- Among other adventures, her background study includes time at Leuven University, Belgium on the Canon Law MA programme; Life coaching certification with the Positive Success Group in Ireland; and facilitator Trauma training in both Belfast, Ireland and Toronto, Canada.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on email@example.com or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details, etc. are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact email@example.com. We are happy to help.
+353 (0)1 670 5419