Yoga Nidra October, with Riana Walsh
This course is Onsite
Course Description: This course integrates both gentle movement and the deep rest of iRest® Yoga Nidra. No previous experience of yoga or meditation is required.
We begin each class with a short, seated sequence of easeful movement and breathing practices, simple and beautifully supportive in guiding you towards stillness of mind and body.
We then settle into the restful experience of iRest yoga nidra, lying comfortably in relaxation pose (savasana), establishing an intention (sankalpa), and then slowly transitioning awareness from the tangible physical body to the subtle body. Using images and visualisations, this body-centered guided meditation practice enables you enter a deep state of relaxation, lingering in the space between sleep and wakefulness as you transition gently and systematically through different levels and layers of experience (koshas). As practice ends, returning to your intention and integrating your experience before transitioning back to wakefulness with some gentle movement.
This course is suitable for beginners, and anyone looking for some relaxation in this busy modern life.
Day & Date: Thursday evenings, From October 20th until November 24th 2022
Duration: 6 weeks
About The Facilitator
- Riana commenced her initial three-year classical yoga teacher training in 1999 with the Irish Yoga Association (IYA).
- She then continued Post Grad Diploma studies with the IYA, Yoga Therapy Ireland, and an introductory course to the viniyoga of Yoga with the Centre for Yoga Studies.
- She has also completed the ITEC Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology.
- More recent studies include a Yin Foundations Module with Josh Summers and the Level 1 iRest® Yoga Nidra Training with James Reeves of the Integrative Rest Institute.
- Further studies led her to the one-year Training in Mindfulness, followed by a Compassion Based Living Course and completing the Certificate of readiness to teach the Mindfulness Based Living Course (MBLC) with the Mindfulness Association.
- In 2019 she fulfilled the requirements of Anusara® Inspired Yoga Teacher, a branch of Hatha yoga that uniquely integrates deep spiritual teachings and principles of alignment to support an uplifting, dynamic and expressive yoga practice aligning body, heart and mind.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on email@example.com or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details etc are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact email@example.com. We are happy to help.
+353 (0)1 670 5419