A Year of Authenticity, with Tony Bates
This workshop is Online
Workshop Description: This past January, Tony Bates delivered a workshop to help us harness and learn from what this pandemic has revealed to us. This workshop will be a follow- on event for those who attended in January. However, for those who didn’t, Tony will be bringing in new material so that all who are inspired to will have the chance to touch in with a morning of reflection on how to live an authentic life.
Tony Bates will lead participants in an interactive, reflective exploration of five critical questions that challenge us to be more authentic, more ‘real’, as we show up for life:
1) What has the past year has taught me?
2) How can I be more ‘myself’ in the year ahead?
3) What can help me to live with people I find challenging?
4) How can I be responsive to the needs of the wider community?
5) What does it mean to be authentic?
Day & Date: Saturday, October 8th, 2022
Price: This is a donation based workshop.
About The Facilitator
- Dr Tony Bates is a Clinical Psychologist.
- He was Head of Psychology for 30 years in St James’s Hospital Dublin and established and directed the MSc Cognitive Psychotherapy in TCD until 2006.
- He founded Jigsaw (The National Centre for Youth Mental Health) in 2006 to serve young people and their mental health needs.
- He was CEO until his retirement in 2018.
- Tony has been active in shaping and writing government policy since 2006.
- He was made honorary Professor of Psychology in UCD in September 2018 as a tribute to his contribution to the field.
- He trained as a mindfulness teacher in University of North Wales, Bangor in 2001 and has been active since in disseminating Mindfulness in Ireland.
- Tony now lives on a cliff outside Grange, north of Sligo, where he writes, consults and looks after over 100 wild birds, a wild fox, a badger and a tribe of wild rabbits. Father of three, grandfather of four.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add email@example.com to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details etc are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
+353 (0)1 670 5419