Becoming Centered Grounded with Teresa Larking October 2022
This workshop is ONSITE
Workshop Description: Join us in the nurturing environment that is the Sanctuary as we explore grounding techniques to soothe+calm ourselves in challenging times. This course will deepen your awareness+ allow you to become the wise observer of what is going on within + around you. This awareness will include meditation, active listening + becoming attuned to your body’s needs. Mindful walks will give you the opportunity to quiet the mind + recover stability + balance.
Week 1: Exploring the nature of grounding itself, rooted in present moment awareness + the range of grounding techniques available to us. Grounding breaths, guided meditation, mantras, walking/movement, sound healing + poetry.
Week 2: Coming home to the senses. Exploring the world of the five senses- the threshold between body- mind-spirit. Learning to deepen our connection with them + trust in the wisdom of our body +the strength+stability that lies within.
Week 3: Exploring the importance of Self-Care as a vital, grounding technique. The focus will be on the Four Pillars of Wellbeing- Physical Self-Care, Emotional Self-Care, Social Self-Care + Spiritual Self-Care.
Week 4: Deepening our understanding of our own values +what is of real importance to us. Learning how to incorporate our value-system into our daily-life + decision-making through grounding + connection to the Present Moment.
Week 5: Giving yourself the gift of your own compassion. Including yourself in your own circle of compassion. Learning to identify when you need to give yourself a Self-Compassionate Break during times of stress or anxiety.
Week 6: Mindful, grounding walks in the unique bio-sphere that is the Sanctuary. On these walks we will integrate grounding practices with movement + reflection. Connecting the body to the earth in this way can promote wellbeing physically, emotionally+spiritually.
Day & Date: Tuesday Mornings, 4th October – 8th November
Time: 10am to 12pm
Duration: 6 weeks
About The Facilitator
- Practicing Mindfulness teacher for over twenty years.
- Associated with the Sanctuary since 1999.
- Worked with Jigsaw as a mindfulness teacher for five years.
- Special interest in courses on
- – Finding inner resilience.
-Managing change mindfully.
-Grounding, somatic practices designed to relieve stress in challenging times.
- Facilitated stress reduction courses in second level schools.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add email@example.com to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details, etc. are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
+353 (0)1 670 5419