A Winter Morning of Mindful Hatha Yoga with Riana Walsh
This course is Onsite
This morning of practice provides the time and space to experience your mindful yoga practice more deeply. As we transition towards the end of the year the intention for this full-spectrum class is to explore the different energies of the seasons, how they manifest in our practice, and how we can slowly align with the deep presence of the Winter season.
We begin with thematic intention setting, body scan and breath awareness practice, then gentle energising as we transition into the physical practice of yoga. With movement and breath aligned and Universal Principles of Alignment to support the body, you are invited to explore and experience your practice in the space between ease and effort, gentleness and strength. We complete our practice by immersing in an iRest® Yoga Nidra guided meditation and deep relaxation.
This 3-hour practice is designed to suit all levels; however, you are requested to contact the teacher in advance regarding any physical/medical issues.
There is a short refreshment break during the session and November weather permitting, time to enjoy the Sanctuary gardens.
Day & Date: Saturday 16th December
Duration: 3 hrs
Time: 10am – 1pm
About The Facilitator
- Riana commenced her initial three-year classical yoga teacher training in 1999 with the Irish Yoga Association (IYA).
- She then continued Post Grad Diploma studies with the IYA, Yoga Therapy Ireland, and an introductory course to the viniyoga of Yoga with the Centre for Yoga Studies.
- She has also completed the ITEC Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology.
- More recent studies include a Yin Foundations Module with Josh Summers and the Level 1 iRest® Yoga Nidra Training with James Reeves of the Integrative Rest Institute.
- Further studies led her to the one-year Training in Mindfulness, followed by a Compassion Based Living Course and completing the Certificate of readiness to teach the Mindfulness Based Living Course (MBLC) with the Mindfulness Association.
- In 2019 she fulfilled the requirements of Anusara® Inspired Yoga Teacher, a branch of Hatha yoga that uniquely integrates deep spiritual teachings and principles of alignment to support an uplifting, dynamic and expressive yoga practice aligning body, heart and mind.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add email@example.com to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details etc are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
- Remember we have the An Cuan Programme to support you in case you are in a situation where you cannot afford a course or workshop. With trust you can email email@example.com
Cancellation available 5 days prior to the event with full refund and credit will be applied for any cancellation requested 48hrs prior to the course or workshop.
- In the event of cancellation from the side of the sanctuary due to unforeseen circumstances such as illness etc. refund or credit can be applied.
+353 (0)1 670 5419