The Inner Monastery
This workshop is ONSITE
The Inner Monastery (A 1 Day workshop with John F. Doherty @ The Sanctuary on Mindfulness and Spiritual Wellbeing)
“Mindfulness and spiritual well-being are interconnected in that they both involve being present and aware in the moment. Mindfulness can lead to greater spiritual well-being by helping individuals to cultivate a greater sense of self-awareness and self-acceptance, which can deepen their connection to something greater than themselves, or the big Self.
Additionally, mindfulness can help individuals to be more attuned to the present moment and their thoughts and feelings, which can lead to a greater sense of inner peace and contentment. This inner peace and contentment can be a key component of spiritual well-being, as it provides a sense of purpose and meaning to one’s life.
Furthermore, mindfulness can also be seen as a form of spiritual practice in itself, as it allows individuals to develop a deeper sense of connection to their own spirit and to the greater universe. By being present and mindful, individuals are able to tap into a greater sense of awareness and inner wisdom, which can help them to better understand their own purpose and meaning in life. In this sense, mindfulness can be seen as a tool for spiritual growth and self-discovery, which can ultimately lead to greater spiritual well-being.”
In this worskop we will explore the following themes with a mindfulness based practice for each theme:
• An Introduction to Mindfulness and the Field of Spiritual Wellbeing
• Working with the thinking mind and connecting to Big Mind
• Journeys from the heart to Universal Love
• Taming the Tiger – working with instincts and using Spiritual regulation
• Defeat: an invitation to our ground
• Waiting in the Cavern of our inner Monastery or Temple
• Rebirth and renewal – a spring time of the soul
• Cosmo-biological Linked
The workshop will offer a mixture of teaching, mindfulness practice, spiritual journeying, qi-gong exercises and fun to explore, experience and ground the ideas together
Day & Date: Sunday 21st April
Time: 10am to 4pm
Duration: 1 Day
About The Facilitator
John F. Doherty
John works in the area of Professional Support and Development, Coaching and Supervision. This work helps professionals avoid stress & burnout, become strategic, process how the work impacts on them and learn from that over time.
He also teaches in the area of mindfulness, meditation, and contemplation @ The Beehive School and around the country helping people live a more contemplative life. His website is:
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on email@example.com or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details, etc. are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact email@example.com. We are happy to help.
+353 (0)1 670 5419