The Art of Slowing Down with Paula Flood – March 2024
This workshop is Onsite
Whatever your health concerns may be, slowing down and de-stressing can help to bring your body and mind to an optimal place for healing.
This workshop will include slow mindful movement, body scanning, mindfulness meditation and walking meditation.
The yogis of yore knew that slow movement as well as the attention-training techniques of meditation have profoundly positive effects on the mind and body, including:
– Better sleep
– Improved digestion
– Increased energy
– Improved mood and emotional regulation
– Decrease in negative thought patterns associated with anxiety and depression
– Increased calmness through the activation of the ‘Rest and Digest’ response
– Improved relationships through activation of the ‘Tend and Befriend’ branch of the nervous
– Better focus, concentration and memory
During this session, you will develop the skill of interoception, noticing subtle sensations in the body, which is associated with enhanced wellbeing. An outdoor walking meditation practice will be included, weather permitting. You will also learn easy lifestyle tweaks and self-care tips to reset your nervous system when you feel upset or overwhelmed.
With over 20 years experience teaching yoga and training yoga teachers, Paula will guide you with her special blend of knowledge, expert cues and gentle compassion.
If you want to calm your nervous system, optimize brain function and improve physical healing, don’t miss this unique workshop.
Day & Date: Saturday, 2nd March 2024
Time: 10am – 1pm
About The Facilitator
Paula Flood is a registered Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga
Alliance Professionals UK. Paula has been practising yoga
since the mid-nineties and teaching for over 20 years. She has
completed various trainings including in hatha and prenatal
yoga, mindfulness, yoga therapy and yoga anatomy. Recently
Paula has completed several courses exploring the
neuroscience of slow movement and mindfulness.
I have been involved in yoga teacher training for over 20 years
and am grateful to share my love of yoga and meditation with
students at all levels’, writes Paula.
Paula shares her deep knowledge of yoga and varied teaching
experience in a way that is both engaging and practical. Her
workshops are both grounding and uplifting.
Paula meditates regularly and also teaches meditation at the
Dublin Sri Chinmoy centre. Paula is the founder of Om Yoga, a
boutique studio in Dublin 7.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
- To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on email@example.com or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details etc are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- Remember we have the An Cuan Programme to support you in case you are in a situation where you cannot afford a course or workshop. With trust you can email email@example.com
- If you have any issues at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
+353 (0)1 670 5419